TE Connectivity is a Swiss-domiciled technology company that manufactures and designs connectivity and sensor products for harsh environments in a variety of industries, such as automotive, industrial equipment, data communication systems, aerospace, defense, medical, oil and gas, consumer electronics, and energy.
Company Name: TE Connectivity
Company Website: www.te.com
Department: Engineering & Technology
Job Post: R&D/ Product DVL Engineer
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication, and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches, or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of the product. Typical fields of expertise include materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical, and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
- Responsible for the mechanical design of Connectors based on client’s requirements for commercial and industrial Transportation application.
- Responsible to carry out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modeling, Proposal /detail drawings for costing/production, Initiating simulation (eg thermal & stress).
- Responsible for choosing standard parts, features, material as per internal guidelines which would meet the internal / customer target process and cost.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting design reviews per manufacturability, update design per suggestion and keep records.
- Responsible for carrying out design change requests in a timely manner
- Good Knowledge in Creo software & PDM windchill
- Good knowledge in Product Life Cycle Management tool software.
- Good Knowledge of manufacturing processes like Moulding, Stamping, Plating, and assembly processes required for connector making
- Good Knowledge of GD&T, Tolerance Stack-up Analysis.
- Knowledge of Product Development Cycle and processes.
- Capable of supporting multiple Projects simultaneously.
- Good Conceptual, problem-solving, and Analytical Skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately across multi-cultural groups.
- Should be Self-Motivated, Adaptive, Passionate about results, and a Good Team Player.
- Strong Technical Aptitude with Willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrated Experience of working in a fast-paced and changing environment with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills.
Bachelor in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
More than two years experience in design and development preferably plastic, sheet metal parts. Connector industry experience preferred.
Experience in the Automotive industry preferred.
Special Qualifications required:
- Creo Knowledge / PDM Windchill
- GD&T, Tolerance Stack-Up, FMEA
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Good Knowledge of Moulding, Stamping, Plating
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Culturally sensitive